Friday 16 October 2009

I can taste this mystery,
sensing this excitement,
imagining if this can be.
Shall it turn out only an illusion to be shattered?
A fairytale given over to falsehood?
Betrayal?
Will you be my prince charming,
or reveal yourself a wolf in disguise?
I count the petals fall from roses,
a timeless trick, surpassing this enchantment.
I close my eyes to sleep a thousand years,
only to drift my mind to you.
These thoughts secure here in my dwelling,
these moments fade to memories.
This heart is sealed
with a hope my soul cannot fathom.
Till I may sleep soundly by your side,
this is my lullaby,

an echo through eternity,
for true loves kiss,

an answer to my prayers,
to long for more than a fairytale,
for love that is not bitter,
for romance that cannot die.

No comments:

Post a Comment