Monday 12 October 2009

I cannot even begin to explain myself, my existence, my thoughts, my feelings...there will never be enough words to convey this love that I feel within life. I love, therefore I am. My words may be meaningless, they would never withstand a test of time, a test of fire, they are not divine, they are not humble, but surely they are my words.

Judgments are made with closed eyes, I haven't had long enough to know myself, I have no idea where to begin with thoughts of me, my life, my truth, my aspirations, if I really knew myself I might be afraid. I feel that maybe I should fear, none of us know our potential, surely we only fall in the shadows between our actions and our recollections of whom we have been and ideals of who we'd like to become, if I look only at me then I may never arrive at the correct destination, I'm staring into mirrors, trying to catch a glimpse of God in me.

I saw Him in you, shining and I had to know the man that showed His eyes. The weaknesses in me were tearing at your skin and I tried to make you tumble and fall, til you didn't resemble Him. Stronger than I imagined, in time your hand reached for mine and I knew, for I felt it, what love could be, that someone could stop my mind from reeling, stop my feet from falling and just love me, constantly and achingly, run after me and never tire.

...they are not divine, they are not humble, but surely they are my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment